A few years back, we were all worried about losing our jobs and our careers because of the internet. Clients learned about Expedia and other “Online Travel Agencies” (OTA) and would no longer want to book with a travel advisor. There was so much fear in the travel industry that time, I was there, too.
We also have that fear right now in relevance to the widespread of the CoronaVirus however, it gives me great HOPE and camaraderie to see travel and tourism industries working hand in hand to ensure longevity. We all know that there will be some fallout and there will be struggling businesses; this isn’t going to be an easy few months ahead. This is the time that your business needs you the most.
This is the perfect time to strengthen your marketing strategies and to refresh your branding. In this episode, I will be talking about social proof and how this can create a big impact on your business and tips that you can do for your business in the present and also in future while facing these challenges, driving the negative into the positive light.
Make sure you stay up to date with the podcast by subscribing and downloading our free resources and checklists to help you with your travel business. If you need additional help then check out my limited offer for personalised one on one coaching sessions. bit.ly//taa30minstrategy.
Finer Details of the Episode
- 1:26 - Your business is on shaky ground. How will you make it through this?
- 5:47 - Understanding what social proof is and how it affects you and your business
- 11:55 - Four Types of Social Proofs
- 12:31 - User Social Proof
- 13:11 - Wisdom of the Crowd
- 14:01 - Wisdom of your friends
- 15:30 - Certification
- 17:41 - Tips on how to run your business strategies even at this tough time
- 19:17 - What you can do to prepare for your business’ future amidst the current situation
- 24:57- Getting real with your business, evaluating cash flows, creating and reviewing systems
- 27:32 - Travel Agent Achievers is here to help you
Quotes from the Episode
“Diamonds are formed under pressure”
“Planes take off into the wind”
“No one got on top of Everest by falling there”
Get first dibs on the latest episodes as they come out fresh from the oven! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to subscribe to the Travel Agent Achievers podcast. I aim to bring you a new episode every week that will help increase your knowledge and expertise as a travel agent. Click here to subscribe in iTunes.
I'd love if you can give us a quick review on iTunes. Reading your thoughts about the podcast and the information we provide and also your experience encourages me to continue creating more value for you. Simply click here to pen a review, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review." Give me a shout out, let me know what you think about the podcast, or suggest some topics you'd like to learn more of. Anything is fine. 🙂