Getting noticed as a travel agent on social media can be challenging these days. As new platforms start there is more competition for attention from the consumer. Promotions and Advertising are also more aggressive.
So how do you stand out and get noticed?
In this episode, Ros talks about how you CAN stand out, get attention and be authentic. She shares some of her own pro tips that will help you with the algorithms and be seen.
Why do I have no likes? Why aren't people commenting? And WHY aren't people booking with me through Social Media? Everyone else seems to make it work... If this is you, you are not alone.
Want to know how to stand out? Check out this week's podcast and download our template to help set you up for success. It takes work, but you CAN do it! You can be seen and you can make sales on Social Media. You just need a plan...
Finer Details of the Episode
- 1:37 - 5 tips to stand out on Social Media when it feels so crowded and as travel agents, we see this all the time - social media is such a big thing
- 1:53 - Who are you talking to? Do you know your client? Who is on your Facebook or Instagram page?
- 5:50 - Posting relevant content, you’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, which as a salesperson we think is a bit of a bummer!
- 7:53 - Consistency. Are you going to post 3 times a week? And if you are, what certain days are you going to do that?
- 11:45 - Engagement. This is where the algorithms kick in all of the platforms. Facebook and Instagram, you never know what they’re going to do but what they do love is the real you and they love the interaction.
- 13:30 - The 80/20 rule. Your social media contents should provide value and not just sales. It must be 80% content and value whilst 20% is for sales.
- 15:54 - Have a plan. Be prepared. The worst thing is not knowing what to post and you just post anything.
- 18:35 - Instagram only allows you to have 1 link on your bio. This is sometimes your email address or website address, but there’s an option for you to have one link for all of your site.
- 19:50 - You don’t need to be a graphic designer to produce and post compelling images for your social media, you just have to try this free tool for designing images.
Quotes from this Episode
“You need to know who you're talking to and who your clients are”
“Knowing the WHO and WHAT is the best place to start”
“You only need a certain amount of people in order to make your business grow”
“Post the content that is relevant to the people that you're talking to”
“The worst thing is not knowing what to post”
Get first dibs on my latest episodes as they come out fresh from the oven! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to subscribe to the Travel Agent Achievers podcast. I'm brewing a new episode (every week?) that will help increase your knowledge and expertise as a travel agent. Click here to subscribe in iTunes.
You can also write a quick review on iTunes. Reading your thoughts about my program gives me a buzz and encourages me to continue creating more value for you, my dear listeners. Simply click here to pen a review, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review." Give me a shout out, let me know what you think about the podcast, or suggest some topics you'd like to learn more of. Anything is fine. 🙂