Overwhelm will pass. With the strategies I share, I want you to know that there is hope and also a plan to help you through it.
Stuck, feeling like it's all too much. Your body reacts at times of stress too. Overwhelm can come at any time. It may build up and hit you one day when you least expect it.
As we get right into the last 3 months of 2019, I wanted to tackle this topic head-on. Giving you the tools I use to get through it when it hits me.
I want you to look back, reflect on what you have achieved over the last decade and be proud. Before we start setting our goals and plan for 2020, we need to finish this year strong with a plan to set us up for success.
Breathe and take massive action. Be bold and strong. You can get through this. If you need a listening ear, a voice of reason or someone to talk to when it all gets too much, please reach out.
Finer Details of the Episode
- 1:10 - There is time, it’s just about allocating it.
- 2:35 - Have you thought about doing something different for your clients this year? Something that clients will remember you for? It doesn't have to be expensive, just memorable.
- 4:38 - Reflect on how far you’ve come. What are the things that you’ve done and achieved that you are proud of?
- 8:20 - Overwhelm to me means there are a lot of things going on. It may mean different things to many people but that what it is for me.
- 9:00 - I step away from my desk and I breathe. Ignore everything that is going on and take 2 minutes to take care of my self.
- 11:00 - Take a note pad and step away from the computer and do a complete brain dump. I write down all the things in my head that is stopping me from moving forward.
- 15:23 - You need to be doing the things that give you joy and that keeps your business moving forward. The more you keep it stored in your head the less you will be able to do this.
- 19:08 - Look at the things you have control over and prioritize those.
- 21:22 - If you do not respond to that email today, will somebody die? Do you really need to respond to an email that you think is urgent at 10 PM at night and deprive yourself of some sleep?
- 22:35 - Have a game plan. Look at what’s urgent. What needs to be done today and what can wait tomorrow.
Quotes from this Episode
“There is never enough time for everything”
“Sometimes we need to make the tough decisions”
“Something unique and useful to give to your clients as a thank you”
“I don't know how I'm going to get them done but I know that I'm going to give it a good crack.”
“We only have one life so we need to give the most of it”
“The more you keep stored on your head the less you’ll be able to do this”
“You are responsible for your own career you are responsible for your own business”
“Do the things that the future you will thank you”
Get first dibs on my latest episodes as they come out fresh from the oven! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to subscribe to the Travel Agent Achievers podcast. I'm brewing a new episode (every week?) that will help increase your knowledge and expertise as a travel agent. Click here to subscribe in iTunes.
You can also write a quick review on iTunes. Reading your thoughts about my program gives me a buzz and encourages me to continue creating more value for you, my dear listeners. Simply click here to pen a review, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review." Give me a shout out, let me know what you think about the podcast, or suggest some topics you'd like to learn more of. Anything is fine. 🙂