For many years, to receive and hear words of praise or thanks gave me an awkward feeling. It was always unexpected. I may need therapy.
In our line of work, receiving POSITIVE feedback can be far fewer notes than receiving negative feedback. Common feedback, "My flight was cancelled." I didn't get the King Bed or the view, my room smelt funny" I know we try to be perfect, and create the 'dream' our clients want, however we aren't always able to achieve this.
Feedback in any business is important. This episode will help you get feedback and use it to your advantage.
You love what you do. I know that. It's not a job, it's a lifestyle, it's a passion.
To hear something back in return is really nice but can also be confronting. Taking the negative feedback is much easier than taking the positive ones. Why? This is because we care. And sometimes, these nice words about you and your business may take you onto a back foot as well.
In this episode, we will be talking about testimonials. It’s really the same as feedback. I will be showing you how important client feedback is to our businesses and how we can get it without the stress surrounding a ‘testimonial’.
Today’s episode will be guiding you on what to do and how to get some of these "good stories" and feedback from your clients.
Quotes from the Episode
"Feedback is helpful for any business that wants to grow and improve"
“We are allowed to take a break however the longer we do that it may mean that as a business we may not come through the other side”
“Appreciation for a customer comes from our heart”
Finer Details of the Episode
- 3:00 - Are you being a couch potato? TAKE ACTION
- 5:55 - What are testimonials?
- 8:55- How we should take client feedback and use them to market our businesses
- 9:00 - Steps and process to help you in the future as you build your business:
- Step 1 - Questions to ask in order to get a testimonial and how to ask them
- 12:50- Step 2 - What to do after you have received the feedback from your clients?
- 19:41 - Step 3 - How to use these feedback for social proof
- 36:00 - The 6-Week Travel Business Rebuild Program and how this program can guide you in marketing, getting new clients, finances and having a new business vision
Get first dibs on the latest episodes as they come out fresh from the oven! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to subscribe to the Travel Agent Achievers podcast. I aim to bring you a new episode every week that will help increase your knowledge and expertise as a travel agent. Click here to subscribe in iTunes.
I'd love if you can give us a quick review on iTunes. Reading your thoughts about the podcast and the information we provide and also your experience encourages me to continue creating more value for you. Simply click here to pen a review, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review." Give me a shout out, let me know what you think about the podcast, or suggest some topics you'd like to learn more of. Anything is fine. 🙂