The Travel and Tourism industry needs to come even closer together than ever before. We are stronger together. We know this time will pass and people will want to travel again.
This episode isn't about being perfect. It is about ensuring we are staying true to who we are, being visible to clients and the end consumer. It's time to get SCRAPPY. Progress is better than perfection in times of crisis. Don't let this opportunity pass.
Now is the time to support each other even more, take care of one another and come out even stronger.
Use this time to update your skills. Learn new things, become a specialist or broaden your offering. Share good news stories and come together with those that will also support you on the other side.
This podcast is for those in the destination space and also for travel agents. Christina Lenkowski, our guest today is a specialist in Tourism Marketing and Public Relations. She educates busy tourism marketers the most effective ways to build a solid marketing and public relations program regardless of budget or time constraints. Christina Lenkowski
For travel agents and destinations, now is the opportunity to be on top of mind when things shift. People will travel again.
Make sure you stay up to date with the podcast by subscribing and downloading our free resources and checklists to help you with your travel business. https://travelagentachievers.com/ If you need additional help then check out my limited offer for personalised one on one coaching sessions. bit.ly//taa30minstrategy.
Finer Details of the Episode
- 0:30 - About Ros and Christina Lenkowski
- 3:45 - Who is Christina Lenkowski?
- 4:15 - Definition of destination
- 5:05 - The Media Pitching for Destinations Masterclass by Christina Lenkowski
- 8:09 - How the travel industry is coping up with the crisis
- 13:06 - Destinations and what they can do to save their cities and how travel agents can support them while supporting their travel business
- 17:00 - How to use social media effectively in this trying time - Getting out good stories to the public
- 19:20 - Being into people’s inbox. Coming up with a database
- 21:01 - Helping your own destination create good stories for social media
- 23:03 - Future-proofing your business with the use of media
- 27:55 - What is a media kit and how does it help promote your destination or business
- 36:35 - Creating new and flexible itineraries - Pushing new activities in a destination
- 54:21 - Encouraging clients of re-booking rather than cancelling
- 56:16 - Things you can do to up-skill
Quotes from the Episode
"There are opportunities out there, we just have to be a little bit more creative"
"People will start travelling again, they are not going to be stuck inside forever"
"This world is way too beautiful to stop exploring"
"When times get tough, a lot of people get tougher"
Get first dibs on the latest episodes as they come out fresh from the oven! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to subscribe to the Travel Agent Achievers podcast. I aim to bring you a new episode every week that will help increase your knowledge and expertise as a travel agent. Click here to subscribe in iTunes.
I'd love it if you can give us a quick review on iTunes. Reading your thoughts about the podcast and the information we provide and also your experience encourages me to continue creating more value for you. Simply click here to pen a review, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review." Give me a shout out, let me know what you think about the podcast, or suggest some topics you'd like to learn more of. Anything is fine. 🙂