Where do you need to be when it comes to Social Media? Which platform suits your market? Is Social Media part of your marketing plan?
I believe that Social Media does have a place when promoting travel. You can build a business on Social Media these days. Look at how ‘influencers’ have flourished by posting incredible images promoting a destination. They have helped us as Travel Agents and Consultants with promoting travel as a way of life.
Social Media has come a long way since ‘My Space’ - gosh I hope others also remember what that was. Today’s platforms are sophisticated, have many options on each to play with and get your message out. BIG Brands are using Social Media as part of their marketing efforts. If you aren’t on Social Media - you may need to think again. It may morph into different products, but in general, it is here to stay.
We explore 3 of currently the biggest players when it comes to Social Media. You can be an effective marketer once you know what to post when to post and most importantly who you are talking to.
Finer Details of the Episode
- 2:16 - There are different things or a different platform for different people and you need to work out who you're talking to, to then work out what’s the best platform for you
- 6:17 - When promoting your services or expanding your client base you really need to start understanding who is on each platform and whether it is something you want to commit to long term and whether you are talking to the right person.
- 7:16 - Remember that social media should really only become a tool for you to use as your marketing plan. I don’t recommend that it’s the be-all and end-all and where you’ll focus all your marketing efforts
- 9:55 - Finding your ideal client. You do need to know who you’re talking to. You need to know who you physically want to talk to.
- 11:20 - Have a plan in place that doesn’t really rely on social media as the one thing to focus on.
- 13:20 - You can’t just bombard people with deals and specials. You need to provide value and be a resource for your clients.
- 19:10 - If you are looking at organic growth on social media, you need to follow and know who you’re talking to, where they are, and stay consistent. When you build your followers, engage with them and provide value, your post will be seen. At the end of the day, you need to be where your clients are.
Quotes from this Episode
“You need to know who you are talking to”
“When you are promoting your services and expanding your client base start with understanding who is on the platform of choice”
“Social Media is a TOOL for you to use as part of your marketing plan”
“Always remember to build your own network of emails and contacts”
“Sometimes Social Media isn’t where YOUR clients are at all.”
“If you don’t know who you are talking to, you won’t know how to reach them”
“Look at what they want to know about, not just bombarding them with specials”
Get first dibs on my latest episodes as they come out fresh from the oven! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to subscribe to the Travel Agent Achievers podcast. I'm brewing a new episode (every week?) that will help increase your knowledge and expertise as a travel agent. Click here to subscribe in iTunes.
You can also write a quick review on iTunes. Reading your thoughts about my program gives me a buzz and encourages me to continue creating more value for you, my dear listeners. Simply click here to pen a review, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review." Give me a shout out, let me know what you think about the podcast, or suggest some topics you'd like to learn more of. Anything is fine. 🙂